Saba Announces General Availability of Saba Social Learning
Successful Beta Program Drives Active Engagement and Feedback From More Than 50 Organizations
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. -- Saba (NASDAQ:SABA), the premier People Cloud provider, today announced the general availability of Saba Social Learning. Saba Social Learning Software helps employees, partners and customers better connect, collaborate and learn in a versatile and social environment, often referred to as ‘informal learning.’ In addition to the general availability of Saba Social Learning, the company is also providing a free 30-day trial, starting June 27th, to enable organizations to transform knowledge sharing in the workplace.
“Many organizations are struggling with how to address multiple learning styles and optimize informal learning that is the preferred by the “Millennial Generation,” such as video, podcasts, real-time feeds and other social networking tools. Saba Social Learning addresses this challenge, and customers are already telling us it will enable them to accelerate development and transform the way their people learn and grow,” said Laurent Pacalin, SVP and GM of People Cloud Applications. “In order to give other companies interested in adopting this approach a risk-free opportunity to apply the power of the platform and reap the benefits, we decided to make the product available for a free 30-day trial.”
By combining the best of today’s social networking features, coupled with world-class learning management capabilities, Saba Social Learning provides more collaborative, immediate and context-relevant learning methods. The seamless integration of formal and informal learning creates an environment that encourages and accelerates the real-time exchange of organizational knowledge among employees, partners, and customers to improve business results.
Following are some key features/benefits of Saba Social Learning solution:
- User profile – Similar to popular consumer social networks, it enables users to highlight interests and expertise, share and tag content such as blogs and video, and connect with employees and community groups.
- Search – Finds the most relevant and popular content, topic expert or training.
- User feedback – With ‘Amazon-like’ ratings, reviews, comments, enables real-time feedback and recommendations for content, training or advice
- Video and audio – gives people easy access to best practices, coaching and mentoring via short videos and podcasts. Additionally, subject-matter experts can contribute and share video, which reduces content-development costs and enables new learning experiences.
- Mobile – Provides the industry’s only social learning solution “on-the-go”, via iPad or iPhone, giving employees more flexibility to gain real-time insight and save precious billable hours.
- Web training – Enables instructors to host instructional webinars at scale, either live or on-demand, for a more flexible and efficient learning environment.
The powerful combination of innovative social learning and mobile delivery, with more traditional learning, enables a transformative workplace that accelerates employee development and engagement, increases performance and reduces content development cost, all while creating a more interactive environment. Saba Social Learning enables organizations to more quickly and efficiently develop their direct sales force, resellers and partner channels thereby accelerating sales readiness and increasing revenue productivity.
Approximately 85 percent of Saba beta customers noted they would recommend Saba’s easy-to-use Social Learning software.
- “Traditional HR and learning processes don’t always capture the community aspect that creates an environment where we learn best—in an informal setting. Saba Social Learning is enabling us to build a stronger culture and gain unprecedented visibility into our workforce expertise and organization’s collective know-how.”
- Wayne Williams, Manager of Learning Systems at SMART Technologies
- “With Saba Social Learning we have the ability to transform how our organization grows and shares knowledge. Tools like star ratings, tagging resources and recommendations are useful, intuitive and have become a part of everyday life. The platform’s networking capabilities allow for a more personal and engaging experience for each individual that will likely trigger higher levels of adoption.”
- Brandon Williams, New Business Development at The Educe Group
Recent Company Accolades
- Saba Social Learning won Enterprise 2.0's prestigious Launch Pad competition, which recognizes the most innovative software that targets the enterprise 2.0 market.
- The America Business Awards (STEVIES) recently named Saba Social People’s Choice for Favorite New Software as a Service.
- Ranked as a visionary in Gartner's 2011 Magic Quadrant for Employee Performance Management Software.
- Received recognition by Forrester as a leader in Talent Management Software in the recent Forrester Wave, Talent Management, Q2, 2011 report.
Saba’s Social Learning is now generally available for purchase. A free 30-day trial will be available starting on June 27th, 2011 at www.sabapeoplecloud.com
Saba (NASDAQ: SABA) enables organizations to build a transformative workplace that leverages the advent of social networking in business and the ubiquity of mobile to empower an organization’s most mission-critical assets – its people. The company provides a set of people-centric enterprise solutions to various businesses and industries worldwide. Saba delivers cloud-based learning management, talent management, and social enterprise solutions to transform the way people work.
Saba's premier customer base includes major global organizations and industry leaders in financial services, life sciences and healthcare, high tech, automotive and manufacturing, retail, energy and utilities, packaged goods, and public sector organizations. Headquartered in Redwood Shores, California, Saba has offices on five continents. For more information, please visit www.saba.com or call +1-877-SABA-101 or +1-650-779-2791. SABA, the Saba logo, and the marks relating to Saba products and services referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Saba Software, Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Aly Kline, 650-581-2593