Saba and Management Innovation eXchange to Unveil Social Business Initiative to Reinvent Management at Enterprise 2.0 Conference
Innovative New Social Initiative to Transform the Workplace in 21st Century Organizations
REDWOOD SHORES, CA – November 9, 2011— Saba (NASDAQ: SABA), the premier People Cloud provider, today announced that it will be unveiling the details of a new, innovative project with the Management Innovation eXchange (MIX) at the Enterprise 2.0 Conference in Santa Clara, CA on November 14–17, 2011. The details of this new initiative will be announced during the keynote panel, “Inventing Management 2.0: Lessons From the Fringe” featuring Polly LaBarre, co-founder and editorial director of the MIX, from 4:30–6:00 p.m. on the opening day of Enterprise 2.0, November 14, 2011. Saba and MIX speakers will also present in several panels in the “People and Culture” track on November 15, 2011.
The initiative will be facilitated by Saba and the MIX in conjunction with the Enterprise 2.0 Conference. The large-scale project involves progressive thinkers from around the globe in a distributed problem-solving effort to explore the ways in which the new social, mobile Web will transform the workplace and change how large organizations are run and managed over the next decade.
Saba and the MIX will be unveiling additional details of this initiative during the conference in Booth 411. Additionally, the two organizations will be sponsoring the official Enterprise 2.0 attendee party from 6:00–7:30 p.m. on November 15, 2011, at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, CA. Management experts from the MIX as well as progressive management practitioners, technologists, and thinkers from the Enterprise 2.0 community will be in attendance.
- Polly LaBarre, co-founder and editorial director of the MIX, will present “Inventing Management 2.0: Lessons From the Fringe” from 4:30–6:00 p.m. on November 14, 2011, in room B5.
- Keynote Panel Description: Polly LaBarre will participate in a lively panel discussion that will explore the themes and showcase leading-edge cases of “Management 2.0” innovation. The conversation will feature in-the-trenches management innovators from a range of organizations — including winners of the recently concluded Harvard Business Review/McKinsey “Management 2.0” challenge hosted by the MIX. Panelists will describe their innovation journey, share their insights and approaches when it comes to harnessing the tools and the principles of the Web to reinvent management, and discuss what it takes to disrupt the status quo. Polly will also announce the launch of a new project run by the MIX in conjunction with Saba and the Enterprise 2.0 Conference.
- Chris Grams, community manager at the MIX, will present on the panel, “The Evolution of Talent Management” from 8:45–9:45 a.m. on November 15, 2011, in room E.
- Michele Zanini, managing director at the MIX, will present on the panel, “Enterprises Speak on Culture and Performance” from 2:30–3:30 p.m. on November 15, 2011, in room E.
- Milind Pansare, senior director for social collaboration software at Saba, will present on the panel, “New Strategic and Tactical Trends in Social Learning” that will take place from 3:45–4:30 p.m. on November 15, 2011, in room E.
- Ben Willis, director of product management at Saba, along with Michele Zanini and Chris Grams from the MIX, will also present “The Management 2.0 Hackathon — Reinvent Management. Transform Your Workplace” from 4:30–4:50 p.m. on November 15, 2011, in the Market Leaders Theater on the Expo Floor.
- Saba and the MIX will also host an attendee party on November 15, 2011, from 6:00–7:30 p.m. in the Magnolia Room at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, CA.
- Saba People Cloud Applications: www.saba.com
- Follow the Saba Blog: /blogs/
- Follow Saba on Twitter: @SabaSoftware
Saba (NASDAQ: SABA) enables organizations to build a transformative workplace that leverages the advent of social networking in business and the ubiquity of mobile to empower an organization’s most mission-critical assets – its people. The company provides a set of people-centric enterprise solutions to various businesses and industries worldwide. Saba delivers cloud-based learning management, talent management, and social enterprise solutions to transform the way people work.
Saba's premier customer base includes major global organizations and industry leaders in financial services, life sciences and healthcare, high tech, automotive and manufacturing, retail, energy and utilities, packaged goods, and public sector organizations. Headquartered in Redwood Shores, California, Saba has offices on five continents. For more information, please visit www.saba.com or call +1-877-SABA-101 or +1-650-779-2791. SABA, the Saba logo, and the marks relating to Saba products and services referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Saba Software, Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Aly Kline, 650-581-2593